Thursday, October 18, 2007

30th Birthday Celebrations - Japan

Our trip to Japan to celebrate my entrance into the 4th decade was fantastic. However it was more hard work with a walking toddler than we imagined. But all in all a great experience.

We flew into 'rainy' Tokyo after a reasonably good flight (we squeezed our long Louka into the infant crib). Yes I think we grabbed the tail end of the Typhoon that hit South East Asia. Needless to say we required a few umbrellas and the parks were too wet for Louka to run around in. So Shibuyu and Shinjuku shopping here we come. The neon lights busy shopping districts are just so different to anything else we've experienced. Lights, vending machines, tains and toilets all talking to us. Louka was very impressed. He made many Japanese friends. People often gave him presents as he was 'very very cute'. He expecially loved the Japanese School Girls...

The sun eventually dried up all the rain and the Alexopouli ventured up the streets again and into parks/gardens. Azabu Court in Minato-Ku was great. However I accidentally booked 1 less night than I was suppose to....so enter Tokyo's most expensive hotel for 1 night' The Park Hyatt....yes 'Lost in Translation' fans will know what I mean. What a great night. We ordered a very expensive babysitter that made beautifil Origami toys for Louka while we dined upstairs at the New York Bar & Grill (also from the movie).

Kyoto and Takyama were our next stops with Takyama being a highlight. The festival of Autumn was amazing. So many beautiful floats made centuries ago. The countryside was stunning. Although still very green (global warming no doubt has delayed the change of seasons).

Then back in Tokyo for 2 days to really rest up for the flight home. And lucky we did rest up as this flight was more demanding with babies/kids everywhere on the plane.

A fantastic trip, thanks to Chrisso for taking us to Japan. I am 30 today and could not wish for anything more in my life than the friends and family that envelop me. And of course my special boys Chris & Louka I love you. xoxox




































































1 comment:

Comyn Family said...

Always good to read the blog. Happy birthday. Lovely photos, looks like you had a wonderful family holiday togther. Enjoy your birthday meal tomorrow xxx